I'm going to put a disclaimer right at the top of this one. If you are: one of my parents, an ex-boyfriend, someone who doesn't know me very well and doesn't want to know me better, or is offended by talking casually about sex... you should probably skip this one.
Hmmm. I thought long and hard about how to best broach this one. No pun intended. Some play music during the act because they want to set a mood, others because they need to *ahem* muffle things- especially when you live with other people. I've been thoroughly turned off or disappointed in a partner's choice of music. Ranging from mildly disturbing to incredibly awkward, I could make a top 20 list of what NOT to play when you're trying to get into someones pants. But, I won't. Suffice to say, Bob Marley or Mr. Roboto? Not so much. So, in no particular order, my top five favorite songs for, ya know.
- Marilyn Manson: "Heart-Shaped Glasses". Delicious. Dark. Dangerous. Don't watch the video if you're even a little squeamish.
- Deftones: "Digital Bath" or "Change (In the House of Flies)" or "Passenger" (featuring Maynard James Keenan) or... anything by the Deftones really. Chino Moreno's voice really does sound like sex. I'm not alone in this estimation either... Ranker lists "Change" on their Top 10 List of Songs to have sex to as well.
- A Perfect Circle: "The Noose". It's mildly dark and more than a little passive aggressive, but this song always sounded like a soundtrack to two people undressing each other to me.
- Audioslave: "Cochise". The intro to this song is priceless. The whole album is actually really well suited to knocking boots.
- Death Cab for Cutie: "We Laugh Indoors". Random, I know. But it's mellow enough to not be distracting and it has much more mass appeal than the other songs I've named. It's slightly sweet, a little sad, and makes very good background music.
Bonus! - Minus the Bear: "The Game Needed Me". Just listen to the lyrics. Trust me. (Double Bonus: Minus the Bear: "The Fix".)