(Guns N' Roses)
Need an antidote to last Monday's depression fest? Some of my favorite songs to pull you out of a slump...
- Guns N' Roses- "Paradise City". It's just impossible not to cheer up when you hear this song. It also totally reminds me of that scene in Can't Hardly Wait... amazing. And the video for this? SIGH. They don't make them like that anymore.
- Kylie Minogue- "Love at First Sight". Don't judge me. This song is pretty much the best thing ever for Monday morning blues.
- Dee-Lite- "Groove is in the Heart". Everything that was awesome about the early nineties can be summed up right here. Don't play this in your car too loudly though. Not even I have the guts for that. Though if you give me a shot of SoCo, I might bust out the dance from this video for you.
- Voxtrot- "The Start of Something". This song always reminds me of Sharon, because she's the one that first introduced me to it... back in 2007 on this mix she made for me. The lyrics aren't the cheeriest, but it's such a light, pretty song.
- Tom Cochrane- "Life is a Highway". Probably the best road trip song ever made. The first time I heard this song I was in the car with my Dad. I think I was like, seven? The windows were down. We were both singing. Though Dad might deny it if you ask him. And harmonica? Who doesn't love a song with good harmonica, really? This song is guaranteed to put a smile on my face, every time.