After the stitches debacle? I got strep throat for the first time since 3rd grade. Today is my first day back at work, I have a literal pile of papers on my desk to sort through (not to mention the two carts of books that need cataloging), two classes tonight, homework, and a dear friend coming into town this week-end. So this is what I have to offer.
New music (to my iPod) for 2011:
- Wintersleep: "Weighty Ghost"
- Iron and Wine: "Each Coming Night"
- Rolling Stones: "Gimme Shelter" (My favorite Stones tune.)
- Rise Against: "Audience of One" (Proof that sometimes I do hear things on the radio I like. The singer's voice reminds me of Samiam.)
- The Hives: "Hate to Say I Told You So"
- Cage the Elephant: "Shake Me Down" and "Back Against the Wall" and "In One Ear" (So far, I like everything from this band. So far.)
- Archie Bronson Outfit: "Dart for My Sweetheart" (Watched too much UK Skins when I was sick.)
- Mike Posner: "Cooler Than Me" (Caught this video for this during an insomnia episode a few weeks ago and couldn't get it out of my head.)
- Mountain: "Mississippi Queen" (Because I am literally pining away for summer.)
- Stone Sour: "Say You'll Haunt Me"
Also. Due to the stitches and strep, I didn't accomplish a single one of my January goals- not even the eating of kale. So.
- Walk Sam everyday.
- Take a walk during lunch everyday.
- Try Kale.
- Make more smoothies.