(Cage the Elephant)
Confessions. A day late, I know.
- When I want to make a point in an e-mail, I use the same word twice in a row: "also also" or "and and" are frequent. It's so obnoxious, but I can't help it.
- I'm causing quite the brouhaha at work. My (older female) coworker has been invading my personal space, smacking my arm for emphasis, and the other day she put her hand on my thigh during a meeting with my supervisor. I'm the most affectionate person on the planet (Really! I'm Southern. We hug. A lot.) and I've never been in a situation (outside of boys or bars) where someone has touched me in a way that I've found offensive. My boss told his boss who talked to the woman who has since apologized but also lectured me about the way I handled it. Honestly, the situation, like other situations at this particular job, has spiraled out of my control. I've never worked somewhere that isn't ridiculously professional and where I haven't totally excelled. Maybe it's wrong, but I don't really think the problem is me. I don't think it's ever appropriate to touch someone without their permission, especially a coworker. You never know how they've been raised or what they're dealing with or even just whether or not it would be welcome. Why would you assume it was ok? I think I just need to move to another position elsewhere as soon as possible. Which is causing me no small amount of stress.
- I dream almost every night and I often dream about people I know- but not as they are now, as they were in the past. Like, if I have a dream about JLM it's not him now, it's us at 18 or 20. And it's not just ex-boyfriends, either.
- My training for this 5k in April with Winnie and Z is not. going. well. I've never wanted to prove something to myself so badly and yet, I can't seem to find the time or the energy to make it happen.
- On a positive note? I've never been so freaking ecstatic to see March! Good things are on the way, I believe it.